- Evaluate the long term structural performance of the adhesively bonded hybrid joint under operational and environmental conditions;
- Develop a reliable inspection and maintenance methodology for adhesively bonded hybrid joints;
- Develop a procedure (Guidelines) for the qualification of adhesively bonded hybrid joints in primary structures in marine applications..
M2i FEA simulation work:
- Simulation of the mechanical response and failure of full scale joints
- Calibration and validation of the models using experimental data at different scales.
- Top-down simulation of a hybrid joint under ship loads
- Guidelines for the design of bi-material adhesive bonds
- Increase safety.
- Reduce the number of experiments, the waste and the time to market
For more information please visit project website at : https://www.qualify-euproject.com/
Contact person M2i
At present, there are no certification guidelines to orient the naval industry when certifying new designs using hybrid assemblies (adhesively bonded, composite to metal connections), which limits their application to secondary structures.