Develop advanced simulations technology to account for temperature increase and adaptive control systems to adjust the machine settings during the start-up of the production line.
M2i FEA simulation work:
- Implement a tribology based friction law in the commercial FEA software MARC
- Simulation and validation of the thermo-mechanical behaviour of the deep-drawing tools in consumer goods production line
- Reduction of computational time by using an extrapolation method
- Reduce the computational time by 50%
- Increased the accuracy of simulations, compared with deep-drawing with constant friction coefficient.
- Reduce the number of experiments, the waste and time to market
Contact persons M2i
On 18-19 February 2020, the University of Twente organised the course “Fundamentals of Tribology in Sheet metal forming”, a dedicated training for engineers and researchers interested in the prediction and
On the 18-19 February 2020, Twente University, partner in the ASPECT consortium led by M2i, is organising the course: “Fundamentals of Tribology in Sheet Metal Forming”.
Yesterday, at Filzek TRIBOTech in Darmstadt, 12 representatives from reputed manufacturing companies and knowledge institutes received training on the latest methods for the experimental and numerical determination of temperature-induced tribological