- Enhance interoperability in virtual engineering workflows by developing a vendor-neutral standard for CAE data storage.
- Implementation in several software tools, and validation with a number of industrial use cases.
M2i FEA simulation work:
- One of the project use cases is the manufacturing of a Philips shaver. It involves the injection moulding of a polymer over a metallic part, which introduces residuals stresses and warpage. The simulation of the injection moulding is done using Moldflow; while the mechanical response of the solidified polymer and the steel part is modelled using the FEA software MSC.Marc.
- M2i has developed an interface wrapper for the injection moulding software Moldflow, to export moldflow mesh and state Variables (e.g. temperature, pressure, fiber orientations,…) to the VMAP standard format.
- Simplify the simulation of chain processes, reducing the number of experiments and the time to market.
Contact person M2i
After releasing the first public version of the Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) data interface standard in January, the ITEA VMAP project has now started distributing version 0.4 of this interoperability standard
The 1st international conference on CAE interoperability will take place on 13-14 May in Bamberg, Germany.
The VMAP Standards Community face-to-face meeting will take place on 23 October 2019 at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Centre.