During the annual conference Meeting Materials, organized by M2i, the Grade2XL project will organize an open Additive Manufacturing Design Contest for young engineers as part of the Grade2XL project.
We therefore challenge all young engineers and researchers to design a novel product, to be printed with wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM).
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
- Are you a student enrolled in an MBO, HBO, bachelor, PhD or master’s degree program at a European university, or are you a young professional who is still under the age of 35 on 15 December 2020?
- Do you have an idea for a 3D printed component that can be made with the WAAM technology?
- Are you passionate about technology and want to see your ideas take shape?
- The two prize winners will have their parts manufactured at RAMLAB in Rotterdam and Naval Group in Nantes, respectively.
- If the designed part is heavier than 20kg, a representative component of up to 20 kg will be printed, in consultation with RAMLAB and Naval Group.
- The winner will be selected via a blind procedure.
More details about the criteria, requirements and the application form can be found here. The submission deadline is 20 November 2020.
The winner will be announced during the web conference M2i Meeting Materials on 15 December. If you have any question please contact us at: designcontest[at]m2i.nl.