Technological Innovations in Metals Engineering (TIME 2018)
Technological Innovations in Metals Engineering (TIME 2018) is a new event designed to foster mutual engagement between suppliers and consumers of metal technologies. Chaired by 2011 Nobel Laureate, Dan Shechtman, the meeting seeks to provide vision for the research and development efforts of the technological metals community.
Where: Haifa International Convention Center - Haifa, Israel
When: 30 & 31 May, 2018
TIME 2018 welcomes participants engaged in applied research, technology development, technology transition and implementation in metals engineering, with an emphasis on innovations with Technology Readiness Level 4-9.
Key topics of interest for TIME 2018 are:
• Additive manufacturing
• Metals processing through shaping, forming, and solidification
• Alloys and critical materials
Within these topic areas, the organizing committee is seeking presentations that encompass the full range of metals innovations and technologies including: metals processing, characterization, in situ monitoring, alloy and temper development, non-destructive evaluation, process planning, and modeling and simulation.
Registration & Accommodation:
You can register on the event page. The online registration will be open till May 27, 2018. After that date, registration will be available on-site. More information about accommodation can be found on the event page.
2011 Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry
Philip Tobias Professor of Materials Science, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology
• Iver Andersen, Ames Laboratory
• Norbert Babcsan, Aluinvent Zrt
• Raj Banerjee, University of North Texas
• Menachem Bamberger, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology
• Warren Bath, TWI
• Dennis Butcher, U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory
• Brett Conner, Youngstown State University
• Santiago Cuesta Lopez, International Research Center in Critical Materials
• Narendra Dahotre, University of North Texas
• Noam Eliaz, Tel Aviv University
• Shai Essel, Technion Israel Institute of Metals
• Nahum Frage, Ben Gurion University
• Dirk Landgrebe, Fraunhofer Institute Forging Technology and Tool Machine (IWU) Chemnitz
• Gideon Levy, CIRP Fellow
• Sarang Pande, Marwadi University
• Timotius Pasang, Auckland University of Technology,
• Maria Letizia Ruello, Università Politecnica delle Marche
• Peter Sachsenmeier, VP Hankou University
• Virgil Solomon, Youngstown State University
• A. Erman Tekkaya, TU Dortmund
• Ivan Todaro, University of Bologna
• Rafi Wertheim, TU Chemnitz Fraunhofer Institute
• Henning Zeidler, Technische Universität Bergkademie Freiberg
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) is a professional association that connects minerals, metals, and materials scientists and engineers who work in industry, academia, and government positions around the world.
Read more about this event here.