During its annual conference Meeting Materials, M2i will organise an open Design Contest for young engineers.
We therefore challenge all young engineers and researchers to design a novel product, to be printed with wire arc additive manufacturing.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
- Are you a student enrolled in an MBO, HBO, bachelor, PhD or master’s degree program at a European university, or are you a young professional who is still under the age of 35?
- Do you have an idea for a 3D printed component made with the wire arc additive manufacturing technology?
- Are you passionate about technology and want to see your ideas take shape?
- Are you available on 15 December?
The Design Contest is part of the Horizon 2020 project Grade2XL. This project will demonstrate the potential of multi-material wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM) for large structures. Grade2XL will deliver multi-material products of superior quality and performance, cut lead times by up to 96% and enable massive savings for the maritime, energy and industrial machinery sectors. The Grade2XL consortium is led by M2i and gathers 21 partners from eight European countries, top innovators in the field of wire arc additive manufacturing.
The following criteria will shape the selection process:
- Novelty: new geometry, impossible to manufacture with conventional processes;
- Functionally graded: showing added value of multimaterial composition, i.e. different properties at different locations;
- Purpose: the design should be intended for a real engineering application.
The Jury consist of five experts working in the field of WAAM, in academic and industrial organisations which are at the forefront of WAAM.
The winner will have the part manufactured at RAMLAB. If the designed part is heavier than 20kg, a representative component of up to 20 kg will be printed.
More details about the criteria and requirements will be made public beginning September when the Design Contest opens. The submission deadline will be 20 November 2020. The winner will be announced during the web conference M2i Meeting Materials on 15 December. If you have any question please contact us at: email@example.com.