- EU funding: € 4.10 Million
- Total budget: € 6.84 Million
- Duration: 36 months [October 2018 – September 2021]
The project 3DMed was approved on the 12th July 2018 by Monitoring Committee of INTERREG 2Seas programme. M2i has played a role in this success, as co-initiator of the project together with Prof. Dr. Amir Zadpoor from Delft University of Technology, as well as by steering the application.
In 3DMed ,top universities and innovative companies in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and the UK will join forces to explore the full potential of the 3D printing technology for advanced medical care.
3DMed aims to improve affordability and large scale accessibility of medical treatment using 3D printed devices. This goal will be achieved by increasing the TRL of state-of-the-art 3D printing technologies for medical applications and integrating them into a streamlined, fast, cost-effective software platform for use in routine clinical practice.
- Streamlined care by integrating diagnosis, design and manufacturing of 3DP medical devices with post operatory evaluation into a validated and widely accessible software platform. This will enable reduction of lead times from 6-8 weeks currently to 6-8 days in by 2021 and to 24 hours in 2023.
- Personalized medical devices (prostheses, implants, orthoses), designed using the images acquired for individual patients. Using 3D printing technology to achieve these customised devices will also trigger a drop in the cost of the device by as much as 90%. The cost of medical treatment will also decrease by 30%.
- Complex shapes and miniaturized geometries for implants and surgical instruments, as well as functionalised devices to enhance treatment effectiveness and post-treatment recovery.
- Technische Universiteit Delft (Lead Partner)
- Stichting Materials innovation institute
- Universiteit Gent
- Association pour la Recherche et le Développement des Méthodes et Processus Industriels
- EXO-L B.V.
- Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (International) B.V.
- Meridian Technique Limited
- Amber Implants B.V.
- University of Oxford
- Oxford MESTAR Limited
- 3D LifePrints
- Université de Lille
- Strategisch Initiatief Materialen
- Oceanz B.V .
- Avroxa bvba
- Régnier Orthopédie
- Reinier de Graaf Groep
- AZZENO/Cosmipolis Clinic
- University Medical Center Utrecht
- Department of Plastic Surgery, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Leiden University Medical Center
- CADskills BVBA
- Nelson Labs Europe N.V .
- DEAM BV
- Dassault Systèmes
- LATTICE MEDICAL
- In4care vzw
- Cousin Biotech
- Blue Sparrows MedTech Finance B.V.
- Just approved: 3DMed project on 3D printed medical devices (July 19th, 2018)
Contact persons M2i:
For more information please visit the project website.