- Removal of the OSP-layer on the lead frame which is necessary to prevent damaging or contamination of the top layer of the lead frames by an additional heating step, to improve adhesion of packaging.
- Removal of the OSP-layer using an extra heating step was investigated
- An extra heating step was implemented in the production process to ensure removal of the OSP
- No extra investment necessary, could be carried out with existing equipment
- Minimisation of rejects due to delamination. Estimated reduction of rejects about 10 – 25%