- OPTFORM provides an optimisation algorithm for metal forming processes using time consuming Finite Element (FE) simulations. It utilizes meta modelling techniques like Response Surface Methodology (RSM) and Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments (DACE).
- Numerical prediction of the variation in maximum
feasible blank size due to variations in material properties.
- Prediction of stamping process robustness
- A virtual study showed that for a required blank size of 295 [mm] a scrap rate of 15% is to be expected
(red part in histogram).
- The support that Tata Steel can offer to its clients in achieving robust stamping processes will increase their competitiveness.