Research for the benefit of SMEs
• You can use EU funds to solve your technological problems and acquire technological know-how
• You can subcontract research to RTD performers such as universities and research institutes and get full funding of this contracts
• You can pair with other innovative SMEs from other EU countries and therefore access international networks for medium to long term development
• You can submit projects in any technological and market area (bottom-up approach, no set list of topics)
What are the rules?
• Projects will have 5-10 participants. The consortium would include at least three independent SMEs from three different countries and two RTD performers (independent from any other participant) from any EU country.
• The RTD performers can be: universities, research organizations, industrial companies or research-performing SMEs. Other enterprises and end-users (independent from any other participant) can also participate.
• The total budget is normally between 0.5 and 1.5 million. The EU financial contribution is 110% of the RTD and demonstration activities outsourced to the RTD performers.
Most probably in December 2012 (call to be announced).
EU subsidy programme
Research for the benefit of SMEs belongs to the EU Framework Programme 7 – Capacities
Download Research for the benefit of SMEs at a glance (pdf)